Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Music-Fest

Well, we had our annual Christmas Musicfest at our church last Sunday evening. It was a great time of fellowship. Our family sang Angels We Have Heard On High while my daughter Elizabeth accompanied on the piano. It went pretty well with the exception of the antics of the two youngest (Isaiah and Hannah). Kim was holding Isaiah and I had Hannah standing in front of me with my arms around her. In one hand I had the hymnal and in the other I held the microphone. As we bagan to sing, Isaiah started pulling on Faith's barette in her hair. As Kim turned to get him farther away, he reached behind her and started grabbing music off a music stand. She turned him back to the front and he started pulling on Faith's hair again and then began kicking the microphone stand, making a loud "thump" with each strike. While this is going on behind me, Hannah is slowly doing the limbo under my arm. At one point she was on her knees looking up at my watch like a mechanic inspecting a transmission on a car. She then continued on under my arm and out of my grasp, heading for the steps. We finished just in time for me to catch her before she ran off into the crowd. It was hilarious! Our pastor had introduced us as the "Von Viens family singers," but I noted at the conclusion that we would not be seen performing at Carnegie Hall anytime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home