Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Long time no blog

I know it's been AGES since my last post, and I apologize to both of you that checkup on my rantings fairly regularly (are there really that many?). I've been pretty busy at work and have been using my lunch hours to just get away from the computer and rest my eyes. I've also picked up a part-time job in the evenings (making my family time a little more rare and, therefore, precious). A few family updates: My youngest girl (Hannah) just turned 2 on the 14th and my boy, Isaiah, is 9 months old and crawling now. My wife started school yesterday (remember, we homeschool). Elizabeth is in 3rd grade, Faith is in 1st and Rebecca is in Kindergarten. First day went really well and the favorite subject for now is Science (they're learning about the Creation). As for myself, since I took up the part-time job to help make ends meet I had to drop the Christian Ethics class I was going to take at Midwestern Seminary. I'm kinda bummed about that, but you gotta do what you gotta do when there's a wife and 5 kids looking to you for support! Right now I'm just getting itchy for hunting season to open. Here in the KC area there's a hunting unit that runs down I-70 from here to Topeka that is allowed a special early rifle deer hunting season in October and I'm trying to find some land to hunt when it comes around. Regular season is in December & there's a week-long extended season in January. I may also borrow a friend's .22 to go after some squirrel with Elizabeth in September or October. I finished the 12 week course on 1st Peter at church and out pastor is now beginning to go through the Old Testament. We are up to Genesis 11 now. I'm also starting to do a careful reading and "fly-over" study of Isaiah. I was drawn to this particular prophet as he is the one most often quoted in the New Testament. I look forward to learning some good stuff. That's pretty much it for now. Hope to do a little more posting in the future. Look forward to hearing from those following this (if any). By the way. Saw this on Phil Johnson's Pyromaniac blog (it's at the very bottom of the post) and was rolling. It's hilarious! I love Phil's sense of humor.
Yours in Christ,
Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home