Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Legalism and pluralism in the church

Sorry I haven't posted much lately... been very busy at work. Found this excellent point surfing through some other blogs (see the full article here):

"I find it odd that, in an age marked by an explosion of licentious antinomianism in the Church, most pastors are preoccupied with 'legalism' so-called. Teenagers in the church can be fornicating with one another; wives can be leading their husbands around by the nose; or husbands can be passive and withdrawn from their responsibilities, but is this kind of open rebellion against the law of God attacked by pastors? Hardly. They’re too busy condemning the father whose daughters wear head coverings and Pilgrim dresses. 'Legalism!' he cries, and most of his sermons denounce such 'false piety,' while temple prostitution takes place right under his nose. It seems to me that our priorities are all bent out of shape. The primary problem in the Church today is not an over-zealous, legalistic application of God’s Word to all areas of life. The primary problem is rank, unadulterated antinomianism. It is a denial of the sufficiency of Scripture. It is theological pluralism. It’s the 'I’m okay, you’re okay' theology of syncretism. It’s the ear-tickling, hip, Burger King ('have it your way') Christianity. "

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home