Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Frustration

Forgive me while I vent a bit, but I feel like I've reached my limit. I am truly surrounded by people who refuse to think. As anyone who's read much of this blog can tell, I like to address topics a little deeper than who I think should be voted off of American Idol. Yet it seems that I'm surrounded by those whose desire (or capacity) for intellectual stimulation is practically non-existent! I long to have people around me who are not afraid to converse about serious topics...even if they don't agree with me (actually, they tend to provoke better discussions because I'm forced to address points of view I may not have previously considered.) And while I'm on a rant, I'm getting fed up with the non-thinking, anti-intellectual dunderheads who deny the basic laws of logic and can't put a decent argument together to save their lives (apologies to Tony Woodlief, if he's reading...I'm not certain if the grammar in that sentence is quite correct.) They have no qualms about claiming all sorts of "gray areas" in the realm of morality. News Flash: There's more black-and-white than you think if you get down to the principle of the subject being addressed. They also show no reticence in denying the principle of non-contradiction. My world is definitely a non-thinking, post-modern, entertainment-driven world and it is a lonely place for someone who loves great ideas and deep thinking. For goodness sake, I have to listen to internet radio programs and on-line speeches to get the stimulation I desire! But where's the interaction?? I can't speak with or question a voice in my ear!

Please, please, please...if you're reading this, send me some encouragement that there are still some thinkers I can interact with. Thinkers who aren't afraid to stand for what they believe is true and are able to defend it well. Don't abandon me to solitary confinement in this hell of shallow post-modernism.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I face this often.

Everyone seems afraid of disagreement, thinking, etc.

It can be discouraging.More often than not, God uses it to draw me to pray.

We should live closer, Jim.

Your friend, Steven Adkins

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home