Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Humility

I was just reminded of something very important:

When discussing "hot-button" issues, always be careful to discern where others in the conversation stand on the issue and why. It can be very easy to come across as crass and uncaring and, thereby, deeply offend someone that you should be trying to win over in a spirit of love. I feel like I may have done this with a co-worker and am convicted that I must go back to him in a spirit of humility, admit my wrong-doing and ask for forgiveness. Perhaps I haven't messed things up so badly that he has discounted my views on the matter altogether going forward. I would hate to bring a reproach upon my Lord in this way. Funny. I was just talking to my kids about this at our morning devotion this morning (from 1 Cor. 9). My admonition to them was to "be very careful what you say and do around others so as not to make them think badly of Christians and the God they serve" (paraphrased, of course). I should take my own advise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home