Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Monday, April 25, 2005

Conference

Well, the conference was very exhausting but very good as well. For anyone not familiar with this type of conference, it is a large gathering of parent-educators who come together for a couple of days of workshops and purchasing curricula for the following school year. We've now gotten all the books purchased or ordered for our three oldest children (Elizabeth will be in 3rd grade, Faith will be in 1st and Rebecca will be in K). The keynote address on Friday was given by Doug Philips of Vision Forum. He spoke on the need to turn the hearts of the fathers toward the family and build a lasting legacy in their children for the glory of God. It was very insightful and moving. I also finished my book! I had worked over a year doing a study of 1st Peter (actually only about 15 hours of work spread over a year) and I printed it and bound it at home. So now I have an actual hard-cover book with my name on it as the author! :)
I start teaching through 1st Peter in my church starting this Sunday (May 1) through July. I'm looking forward to sharing what I've learned.
I finally got the class schedules for this fall from Midwestern Seminary. I will be taking a class on Christian Ethics on Tuesday evenings. I'm so looking forward to getting back in the classroom!
I must be going now. Have to read another chapter from John MacArthur's Twelve Ordinary Men so I can prepare a lesson for our small group from church this Thursday. Until then... God Bless!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home