Christian thoughts

Random thoughts from a Christian perspective. Everything from family, religion, politics, outdoors, etc. Let me know if there's a topic you want me to address!

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Kansas, United States

I live in K.C. with my wife, Kim, and our 5 kids (which we homeschool). I've been a believer in Jesus Christ since 1993.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Homeschooling

Woo-Hoo! I get off work in about 2 hours and I'm off tomorrow! 3-DAY WEEKEND! But it's going to be a busy one. The local homeschool curriculum fair is tomorrow and Saturday and my wife and I will be there all day both days going to workshops and choosing textbooks and other materials for our kids. Our oldest, Elizabeth, will be in 3rd grade next year and we're looking at new math and english curricula. We're also adding Latin. Our second, Faith, is going into 1st grade and Rebecca, our 3rd, will be in kindergarten. We're excited about the conference. I usually have quite a hey-day in the vendor area. I love being around so many good books! I only wish I could be like the Reformation theologian Desiderius Erasmus when he stated, "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." Alas, I don't think he had a wife and five kids to support....

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home